BBQ Pitmasters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The show grew on me, hope they do another season. My wife likes it even more than I do.

Grew on me too, but I'll tell you one thing. I can't stand that arrogant bastard Myron. What an ass! For all that trash talking he does, he sure hasn't pulled down too many "Grand Champion" titles while I been watchin. That guy thinks his poopoo don't stink. I can't stand that type of personality. Leeann is a little bitchy for my taste....being that it's her gig and she's ordering the BF around like a slave....until they break up mid-season! Guy is better off IMHO. The others I like. Johnny Trig has the attitude that he likes to Q and knows he has the master plan but doesn't run his gator like Myon. Wouldn't mind gettin a few minutes with Trig for some pointers. If I had a few minutes with Myron, I'd probably be trying to mentally keep myself from pulling his windpipe through his neck. Just sayin.........

Thanks for the up dates Ronp. I didn't get to see all the shows this year. Hope they are back next season.

I will third the opinion of Myron.. We all know these guys are not going to give away trade secrets, but it is fun to watch the comps. I hope to get a first hand on a couple this year with an existing team.

I think LeAnn is smokin hot.
icon_wink.gif

Being a single father I would be her apprentice for any and all BBQ comps .
Some people here don't like her nor Myron . She has a role to play just like Myron .
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I take everything they say and do with a grain of salt. After all, it is TV and there is nno chance anything is staged or otherwise distorted. I will certainly be waiting for next year. The show did have some entertainment value after all. Has all of us talking about it.
icon_wink.gif

I liked the show too.

Yea, Myron is an ass, but it added some hilarity and/or angst to what otherwise might have been a bland show. That way, maybe it will be back next season so people will be able to take bets on who will take Myron out (or at least beat him in the competition).

I'm with you on this, i will go a step farther and say i would never buy anything that supports him or his company, 10 bucks and my left nut says he would even talk to his customers that way also, i mean he sells a galv. trash can smoker for around $600.00 That just goes to show that cat has lost his meow long ago. I'm not the best by no means, but never would i talk to people like he does, or act like he does regardless of who or what you are. Just my 10 cents.

If you watch close on these shows you'll see how they splice things together to give the impression they want. One guy will be wearin a shirt and the next time they show him he has on another shirt.. different day.. different things happenin. I like to watch for stuff like that. You wouldn't believe how many times the rear view mirror goes missin off the windshield on the General Lee.

It's all about ratings. Let's face it, besides us, who would really want to watch a piece of meat sit in a smoker for 16 hours? They gotta do something to boost ratings. You got Myron who plays the trash talking role of Apollo Creed, Paul playing the under dog Rocky, Johnny could very well be Mick, well Leanne is obviously Adrian (although she's not sleeping w/ Paul, lol) and Jamie was like Pauley in the last episode. Haha, anyone else have any Rocky analogies for the other characters?

i agree with this,i've also watched Myron on other show's and he seemed to be very pleasent,perhap's the whole thing is an act.

Mark

I disagree with you, I have purchased rub many times from him BEFORE pitmasters and a few times during the season, he has not once been rude or curse me. Say what you want but He is doing good things for the world of BBQ not just competition.

I Tivo'd these and have them archived on my computer. I hope to burn them on a single DVD but it might require 2 disks. If anyone wants one it's just $6 for materials and shipping. Email me at rob DOT mongeon AT gmail DOT com.

-rob

Very true. A good example of that is when Tuffy mentions he has never cooked anything that weighed more than himself and Myron pipes in with, "it's probably smarter than you too" then they splice a shot of Tuffy looking miffed right after that. We used to watch for the faux-paus in all those old shws also lol. You can also see a reflection of the camera in the front windshield on many scenes.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky