BBQ PIT BOYS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
These YouTube smokers are great. Different and unique for sure. Bunch of old farts like myself. Their videos are funny and entertaining. Saw something they did and I had to try it. I have cooked a ton of country style ribs in my day but never like they did. Dang I'm glad I did. They were truly fantastic. Well, I could only eat just a couple of bites (diabetic) but everyone else said they were awesome. This was the first time and I wouldn't change a thing. Cooked exactly as they did. Big black iron skillet. Laid down the ribs (sliced Boston butt) in my granny's skillet with the Jim Beam Maple BBQ sauce. Placed on the Weber Kettle with good bed of coals. Not to hot but hot enough to get a good simmer going. Check every 15 minutes to make sure all was well. Heavy simmer for 2 hours. Removed the skillet from the heat and let my coals heat up more then placed the meat on the hot fire to let caramelize. So tender they were falling apart. Take care and Keep on smokin!!
IMG_5166.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5168.jpg

IMG_5169.jpg

IMG_5170.jpg

Hawging It Hawging It
Ribs in the first picture look good to me, The last picture looks tender and tasty...... the third picture has way more sauce then I would normally use, but I'm game to new techniques. I'll have to check into some of those YouTube videos.
You need that much so it won’t all cook out. You may can use less I suppose. May try that as well

Looks good. I have hard time getting those tender. I getting ready to make a sugar free sauce and will have to try this. I love BBQ Pit Boys. Check out how they do hot dogs. The only way I do now.

They went 2 hours heavy simmering. Almost falling apart getting out of the skillet with the tongs

Looks good. I have hard time getting those tender. I getting ready to make a sugar free sauce and will have to try this. I love BBQ Pit Boys. Check out how they do hot dogs. The only way I do now.

Watched. R
Yum!

Nice work on a classic seasoned braising in a CI!
Thank you. My granny would be proud

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky