BBQ CHICKEN THIGHS — WEBER KETTLE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Northern Arkansas-Banjo Land
3 chicken thighs marinaded in a store bought marinade for 2.5 hours. Fresh roasted okra from the garden and mac n cheese shells was on the menu tonight. I added a couple pictures of our garden. Okra is coming on strong, and the tomatoes are too. Anyways, the Weber kettle did its job once again. Hope you enjoy. Time for me to floss.
431FB993-D2A3-4E28-8107-105F27B7EB43.jpeg
F49FAA18-28F1-48B6-B506-EB954B5253DA.jpeg
620F6B9A-9A01-4658-AA87-492013149964.jpeg
FEF46D7D-537D-4A64-B819-1928279C228C.jpeg
C85156F0-38EC-499C-B1D7-4C45419B9CF2.jpeg
1BED01B1-5417-4B0A-9C4B-B9A3E4E3B7CE.jpeg
292F6FEC-8A34-4651-8CC1-68E54431B2A8.jpeg
5EF39BA3-2357-425E-89EB-8FE00775952C.jpeg
6FCD4B00-04F5-4A09-8923-563F01B7327A.jpeg

Man you talking to my wife?......She and I were discussing doing thighs when I'm off work this Tuesday. And here is your post! LOL. I hope mine turn out as well as yours. And your garden is looking great.
Jim

Looks awesome to me! We just did some about a week ago, was so good! We almost never have bbq chicken but was so good!
Gonna have to get you another table...put your beer pole on it so you don't have to bend over!

Ryan

Awesome looking garden Justin!
The thighs look killer good, and so does the whole meal, minus the okra. I sure would like some good tomato’s though!
Al

Man you talking to my wife?......She and I were discussing doing thighs when I'm off work this Tuesday. And here is your post! LOL. I hope mine turn out as well as yours. And your garden is looking great.
Jim
No comment on talking to your wife. LOL! Thighs where super juicy! And thanks for the compliment!
Justin, It Looks great from here!

- Jason
Thanks Jason!
Looks awesome to me! We just did some about a week ago, was so good! We almost never have bbq chicken but was so good!
Gonna have to get you another table...put your beer pole on it so you don't have to bend over!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan for the compliment!
Well alrighty Justin, that looks fantastic and I think that I could eat my weight in roasted okra!!
Thanks! And we love roasted okra around here!
Looks great Justin, chicken always a hit here also

I have never had Okra

David
David, try roasted okra! And thanks for the compliment!
Awesome looking garden Justin!
The thighs look killer good, and so does the whole meal, minus the okra. I sure would like some good tomato’s though!
Al
Thanks Al. Appreciate it!

Color looks great on that, must have been nice to sink your 4 teeth into that :emoji_laughing:

Is that a solid bottom on the kettle? how do you vent the bottom?

Chicken looks outstanding, plate looks tantalizing, but I am totally envious of your garden. Sadly we can't do that here. All the wildlife eats well when we try to grow something so we don't stand a chance of anything making it to the table without some critter getting hold of it. Next year will be a green house though...I hope. Well done Justin and way to make good use of the beer...whatever you decided to call it :emoji_laughing: Now keep that tooth flossed!!

Robert

Perfect cook on those thighs . Nice use of the kettle .
Thanks! Can’t beat a Weber kettle!
chicken looks so good and a nice looking garden!!
Thanks!
Color looks great on that, must have been nice to sink your 4 teeth into that :emoji_laughing:

Is that a solid bottom on the kettle? how do you vent the bottom?
Thanks. No, its not a solid bottom. Has the traditional vents like a kettles. Its just on big piece of metal plate and a place to hold the charcoal. Where I put the charcoal is open. So it get oxygen there.

Chicken looks outstanding, plate looks tantalizing, but I am totally envious of your garden. Sadly we can't do that here. All the wildlife eats well when we try to grow something so we don't stand a chance of anything making it to the table without some critter getting hold of it. Next year will be a green house though...I hope. Well done Justin and way to make good use of the beer...whatever you decided to call it :emoji_laughing: Now keep that tooth flossed!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! Where we live I don’t have to worry about wildlife eating our garden. Guess one of the perks of living in town. Wife would love a green house too! There is a doctor that lives out in the county and they have a really nice green house and he grows pineapple and a banana tree!

It all looks great Justin the food and the garden

And Justin and the kettle do it again! Man I NEED a KETTLE.
Everything looks great and love me some okra :emoji_sunglasses:
The garden look green and in bloom.
How often are you watering?

Keith

It all looks great Justin the food and the garden
Thank you sir!
And Justin and the kettle do it again! Man I NEED a KETTLE.
Everything looks great and love me some okra :emoji_sunglasses:
The garden look green and in bloom.
How often are you watering?

Keith
Thanks Keith! These kettles are well worth it! You can do alot! This summer was super hot here in Arkansas! We water once every evening. And use fish emulsion once a month for vitamins for the plants!
very nice Justin!
Thank you!

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky