BARTLETT PEAR WOOD

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rgudyka

Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
We recently cut down a Bartlett pear tree in my Mom's back yard, and I saved a small amount of the wood with the intentions of smoking with it.  Beings that it is a fruit wood, I assume it is good to smoke with.  Does anyone have any strong opinions one way or the other about using this type of wood to smoke?  And if so, is it on the stronger or milder side?  Thanks!  Happy Smoking!

I think all varieties of Pear are good to smoke with and tho I've never used any I would expect a mild smoke flavor like most fruit tree woods

You're gonna wish you gleaned all you could from the trimmings... it's good and I'd be on the lookout fo a Neighbor with one that needs downing... nice on Ribs too
icon_exclaim.gif

Have fun and . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky