Barn tear down...Shed build pics.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Gonna be nice weather this weekend. cold front rolling thru thursday night. highs will be upper 60's low 70's and the lows in the upper 40's. Better than the heat wave we have had for the last 7 days!! Highs in the 80's every day with a lot of records broken!

Reactions: JLeonard
Anyone ever done an epoxy countertop? Thinking ahead on my outdoor kitchen area....might be a good route to go.
Not epoxy but concrete…..did minis on the copper pot and will be doing a big 3x8 foot cap for a rock feature in a month or so…..

Pics or it didn’t happen. Happy for you though. Seems like a good score
IMG_20230228_172200.jpg

That's about 1/5th of the total materials we scored. That stack will be used for the shed and shelving in the shed.

Reactions: JLeonard
...sharp and fine pair of tweezers in your toolbox, and a sturdy needle, those and a sheetrock knife should be all you need for pulling slivers. RAY
I've become a believer in a small X-acto knife for such DIY surgery. If the sliver is not fully embedded, it works great at "scratching" them out. (Be open to trying different angles of attack here.) And in their normal embedded state, just come in sideways with that pointed blade and you're a lot less likely to break the sliver in two than when using a needle or micro-tweezers. The handles on an X-acto knife is a lot easier to use than a needle too!

I was rip roaring and ready to go building the shed this weekend, but found out talking to my Uncle too late in the day that I needed to submit a plot plan for the layout on the property to the city for approval. That won't happen until Monday morning. Well shucks! I guess I'll go ahead and get my tomatoes in the ground. Normal planting ate for here in March 21 but long term forecast has warm Temps. for the next 10 days. I'm gonna roll the dice....think I should be good. I'll wait on planting the peppers though....

I was rip roaring and ready to go building the shed this weekend, but found out talking to my Uncle too late in the day that I needed to submit a plot plan for the layout on the property to the city for approval. That won't happen until Monday morning. Well shucks! I guess I'll go ahead and get my tomatoes in the ground. Normal planting ate for here in March 21 but long term forecast has warm Temps. for the next 10 days. I'm gonna roll the dice....think I should be good. I'll wait on planting the peppers though....
You might want to double check the square footage requirement. Many allow a non-living storage shed up to and under a height without a permit. It does change per jurisdiction. The last county we lived allowed up to 200sq ft and under a 10ft wall but my current is 200 and 8ft. Most will require proper set backs and such.

Last edited:
You might want to double check the square footage requirement. Many allow a non-living storage shed up to and under a height without a permit. It does change per jurisdiction. The last county we lived allowed up to 200sq ft and under a 10ft wall but my current is 200 and 8ft. Most will require proper set backs and such.
Yeah, under 200sq.ft. is the rule here. Not sure on the height.

I know . Then you show it to them and they say , " That's gonna be nice " and hand it back . I had the clown behind me down by the woods drop 4 tandem loads of dirt at the back of his lot . Right in the swale . Now if it rains hard my yard and the 2 between us holds water .
You'll have this built before you know it .

Reactions: indaswamp
That's a nice haul Keith!
When we were young we had to pull the nails, pound them straight, and reuse them.

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: Fueling Around
Better you found out before erecting the shed. I've seen them make people remove them even though it met all the criteria. Some gov't officials can get a mite uppity.
State, county, municipal, and HOA is your pecking order. Oh yes, don't forget to check with your homeowner's insurance, too.
When I lived in Seattle area, the county was generous, but municipal was 120 ft² and had to be "temporary" as in on block footings.

Got the go ahead from the city. Utilities painted lines this afternoon. Will be setting blocks hopefully tomorrow afternoon. Great weather for the next 10 days...perfect. I can finally get started. AND......pork butts are on sale $0.98/# so I'll probably put some in the smokehouse this weekend while I'm building the shed...

No HOA here. Anything enclosed that's 450 sq. ft. or less doesn't have to be permitted and/or inspected...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky