Baltimore Pit Beef Sandwiches

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the great post! I have a top round in the freezer I was saving for jerky but now....those sammies sound amazing!  :icon_eek:

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. The tiger sauce is a must!

Wow, I almost missed this. Man its so great to make your own sandwich meats, its less expensive, you get better quality, and you know what is in it. Oh and you get it cooked the way you like it!

Looks like you did an outstanding job too!  That's some pretty meat! Outstanding.

Thanks Foam! Like you always say about yourself, I am my biggest critic. It was one of my first times cooking with charcoal and I had some temperature spikes... Meat could have been a tad more tender. Maybe thinner slices could have remedied that. I need that slicer so I can make my own sandwich meats with ease!

Thanks Foam! Like you always say about yourself, I am my biggest critic. It was one of my first times cooking with charcoal and I had some temperature spikes... Meat could have been a tad more tender. Maybe thinner slices could have remedied that. I need that slicer so I can make my own sandwich meats with ease!
LOL...... its how it all starts. LOL.....

Last edited:
I would pay a lot for a sandwich like that. Thanks for the idea on the tiger sauce. I'll be trying that.

Disco

I've got some family in Baltimore.  On visits there, we go to these amazing spit roasts at the local VFW or Elks Lodge.  Lots of Tips sitting over charcoal mopped and tended til done just right.

At our family reunions we would take a tip roast, SPOG and then rotisserie it over a hot lump fire.  We would mop it with "creek water",

mix of  H2O, vinegar, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and Old Bay.  Then sliced and onto fresh rolls with onion, pinch of salt and some horseradish sauce.  My oh my MMM takes me back to good days past. 

Thanks for Sharing,

RG

Looks good! I always do this bottom rounds. Smoke them to Medium-Rare, let them cool overnight in the fridge then slice thin for sandwiches. They're always a hit!

Not sure how I missed this, looks very good ! Gonna have to thaw a beef roast now & give this a go !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky