Baked Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I was a kid we all this hibachi grill,, maybe could fit 4 burgers. Not sure why everyone had when when we all had bigger charcoal grills?
View attachment 643778
Ah memories. My folks' patio had a nice custom Santa Maria style grill built into brickwork outside the Living Room fireplace. I was mesmerized by the gearing as a young lad. But then they bought one of these 4-burger hibachis on a whim and loved it. Pretty sure what my Pop really loved was it used about 10% of the coals the Santa Maria did. Anyway it seemed we were always making burgers for our family of 4 on that thing. Great memories.

Ah memories. My folks' patio had a nice custom Santa Maria style grill built into brickwork outside the Living Room fireplace. I was mesmerized by the gearing as a young lad. But then they bought one of these 4-burger hibachis on a whim and loved it. Pretty sure what my Pop really loved was it used about 10% of the coals the Santa Maria did. Anyway it seemed we were always making burgers for our family of 4 on that thing. Great memories.
We did too and loved using it, even though we some sort of a larger Lincoln log type of charcoal grill.

Last edited:
Back 30 something years ago when we got our first microwave from my mother as a present the wife blowed it up with a aluminum measuring cup 🤣, she called me tore up said a lot of sparking and such, never worked again . The cup was a present from her mom and is very old lol

Had a uncle who had some tungsten rods he used , He worked as a iron hanger at nuclear plants and had access to a lot of stuff lol

When I was a kid we all this hibachi grill,, maybe could fit 4 burgers. Not sure why everyone had when when we all had bigger charcoal grills?
View attachment 643778

I had one of these and loved it until it rusted out too much. Except i didn't love when i had to put like a brownie pan on top of it as a lid.

"hibachi" is pretty much japanese for "fire bowl".

I live alone and get annoyed at burning a whole lot of charcoal for dinner tonight and leftovers for another night. After this hibachi i had one of the shittier weber smokey joe models with vents on the sides, and then bought a Cobb Grill which is super efficient on fuel. And then i got one of the better Smokey Joe grills with vents on the bottom for when i have friends over and/or want a ton of heat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky