Baked Nachos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Set up DO for 350°

This dish can be modified to your liking. The only definitive items you will need are tortilla chips and cheese.
In this batch I used fresh chopped jalapeno, diced tomato, sliced olives, diced onion, preheated re-fried beans, black beans & Tillamook colby jack cheese. You can add precooked meats, chili, different peppers different cheeses, smoked cheese etc.

You can also bake these in a cast iron pan in the oven. Again 350°

Start of by covering the bottom of the DO/pan with tortilla chips. Next add about a 1/3 of your toppings, then 1/3 of your cheese. Next add a another layer of chips add toppings, repeat once more. If doing this in the DO do this prior to heating it up. If in a conventional oven cook for 15-20 minutes.

49384664198_5386a5cb72_c.jpg

Ready to bake

49385129246_8c67b474b9_c.jpg

Out of the oven

49385129326_c758227e86_c.jpg

ENJOY!!!!

Last edited:
Got a 17" lodge for Christmas I haven't gotten to break in yet. Sounds like a good excuse to me!

That'll be a mega load of nachos!You'll need more than one bag of tortilla chips!

FYI left over nachos make great chilaquiles the next morning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky