baked beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hoppin mama

Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
This is the beans we tried this weekend trashed the old one. Everyone liked them really well said they as good as the old reliable recipe but not as heavy as sugary. I was really stunned.

2-16oz cans pork and beans
10 oz crushed pineapple
1/2 C molasses
1/2 C BBQ sauce
3 oz can french fried onions
salt and pepper
1TSPB mustard
fry up some bacon reserve some of the onion.

stir everything up pour in your smoking dish crumble bacon and reserved onion on top.

That sounds amazingly delicious. I was going to do some canned baked beans in the smoker some time, but not any more. I am doing yours next time I fire the WOPR up.

I might even have to do it right now!!

Well hope you like them as well as we did. I was a lot afraid of the pineapple but it sort of just melts away as it cooks its a great place to use some of the BBQ sauce recipes you can find here on the forum.

don't forget to check out dutch's wicked beans......he uses pineapple as well.......was gonna do those with tonights dinner but the pineapple was one thing I was missing out of the pantry!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky