Bactoferm 600 use?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Electronic temperature control in heater mode. Refrigerator not working but used as a fermentation/drying chamber. Any little heating element, ceramic heater, heat lamp or even UL approved light fixture will easily raise the temperature in small unit such as a refrigerator. Using an ordinary light bulb is not recommended as prolonged exposure to light creates rancidity in fat.

One other thing I have been wondering about; they say that "light" is not good for the mold growth.
Wondering if the light in my curing chamber will do harm.

That's what I thought daveo, so I ordered that heating pad you recommended and it will here Sunday.
Right now my chamber (Refrig) is holding 57F - 60F, so I'm ok for now.
Just want the heating pad to bump up temps when need be.
I got all my equipment for maintaining temp and humidity hook up to Inkbirds. My fan is on a cycle timer.

Well my mini dehumidifier and mini humidifier showed up today and only took me about a half and hour to set them up in my curing chamber and hook them up to Inkbird.
My Humidity was 85% to 87%
I now have a steady 80% to 81%

Now I need is my heating mat which is coming on Sunday to bump my temps up from 56 -57F to a steady 60 - 61F

Well I'm just going buy advise I get in here, some is far out of line, but I try to find a happy medium that I'm comfortable with.
I found it and now I'm working it.

The recipe for Capocollo calls for "Hold at least 17 more days at 60 F and 70-80% RH.." 80% RH will totally prevent case hardening... The meat will take several more weeks to achieve % weight loss, but the wait will be worth it...

Everything is going great, except my humidity is about 85%, not good.
So I ordered a small dehumidifier from Amazon, it will be here tomorrow, Friday.
I should be in excellent shape after that.

One other thing I have been wondering about; they say that "light" is not good for the mold growth.
Wondering if the light in my curing chamber will do harm.
I haven't needed it yet, since chamber holds at 58F - 60F just from basement temps around the chamber.
Did u try cracking the door?It will lower ur humidity.And where are some pics???it didn’t happen with out pics u know:)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky