Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking bacon, Jake. I only cold smoke mine too. Just love the smell when I open the fridge after 3 or 4 days of smokey bacon sitting in it.
Now about the maters....You southern boys really have it good--I'm just ready to plant mine. Only planted the garden and flowers once before the last week of May--woke up the next day to 4" of snow covering everything.
Gary
Thanks Gary. Gardens here start getting planted first week of April

Jake, that bacon looks great and curing my own has been on my list ever since I started participating on this forum, but like you, bellies are hard to find around me. Nice work...
Thanks Charles. Order a belly from home place and get your feet wet

Great looking bacon Jake, now comes the hard part of trying to keep fully stocked up. Excellent job.

Be sure to save that bacon grease, especially if you’re doing the red beans and rice if you haven’t started yet.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Looks Outstanding Jake!!!
I never could use the ends for seasoning stuff, unless you're talking about seasoning the inside of my Mouth!!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

Great looking bacon Jake, now comes the hard part of trying to keep fully stocked up. Excellent job.

Be sure to save that bacon grease, especially if you’re doing the red beans and rice if you haven’t started yet.
Thanks Joe. Gonna use some of the bacon ends for the red beans and rice

Reactions: xray
Good looking stuff Jake. Maybe we're lucky around here. Pork bellies are readily available and much more cost effective than what you had to pay. Keep up the good work buddy!!

Robert

Good looking stuff Jake. Maybe we're lucky around here. Pork bellies are readily available and much more cost effective than what you had to pay. Keep up the good work buddy!!

Robert
Thanks bud. All this home place pastures stuff I been posting lately was a gift from my BIL. I'm sure if I dig deeper or head into Nashville I can find affordable bellies. I just hate going to the big city lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky