Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts - They're great even if you dislike water chestnuts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

corndog

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Southwest Georgia, USA
Often, I take these to family gatherings and etc. They are always a hit, and go fast.

Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts

Ingredients:

2 cans whole water chestnuts

1 pack bacon, sliced in thirds

1 Bottle Original Bullseye BBQ Sauce or your favorite

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 425 Degrees

Rinse water chestnuts

Wrap each chestnut with a third of a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Lay them on a foil-lined baking sheet, with at least a 1/2 inch lip or in a foil-lined casserole dish.

Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until bacon starts to crisp.

Drain off most of grease after 45 minutes.

After draining off the grease, slather with BBQ sauce, spreading it with a basting brush. Put back in oven for 15 to 20 more minutes.

Transfer to serving dish or chafer.

*Don't forget to line baking sheet with foil. You don't want to clean this up...I promise...ask me how I know
icon_redface.gif

Corndog....loving all the recipes you are sharing.  Sounds great!  Wonder how they would be smoked?

Kat

Last edited:
Hey Kat,

Thanks, just trying to contribute. I have learned so much on the forum about smoking, I wanted to post some recipes that y'all might want to try and enjoy. Will have to edit and post photos for each recipe as I do them in the future.

Oh, I bet they would be delicious smoked! The bacon would keep the chestnuts from drying out.

Hey Kat,

Thanks, just trying to contribute. I have learned so much on the forum about smoking, I wanted to post some recipes that y'all might want to try and enjoy. Will have to edit and post photos for each recipe as I do them in the future.

Oh, I bet they would be delicious smoked! The bacon would keep the chestnuts from drying out.

Try them....and let me know!!!!!

Kat

I'll take that as a compliment! Nothing better than butter, except maybe bacon!

Just had some free time and looking through my recipes for something interesting to post. and I keep finding good ones!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky