Bacon wrapped stuffed chicken thighs w/Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wodiland

Original poster
Oct 12, 2013
Flint, TX
This is my first time posting anything to the forum other than the "Roll Call" earlier today. I've been lurking around for a while and finally decided to contribute.

Tonight I smoked some bacon wrapped, boneless chicken thighs, stuffed with cheese and grilled jalepenos. I have stuffed them with numerous different things before.....grilled onions and peppers, mushrooms, more bacon, etc. I smoked them around 245-250* for almost 2 hours on the dot using hickory and a little bit of pecan. Added some baked sweet potato fries and it turned into a pretty decent Monday night meal. Here is my first crack ay Q-View. Let me know what y'all think.

1 pack of boneless skinless thighs rubbed with my favorite chicken rub

Some extra sharp cheddar and monterey jack cheese

Grilled some jalepenos

Line a bowl with 4 pieces of bacon and 2 of the chicken thighs

Stuff the chicken thighs with the cheese and jalepenos, then fold up the chicken and wrap the bacon over

Smoked @ 250* for 2 hours

Cut up and baked some sweet potato fries while I was waiting

Finished product....sprung a little cheese leak on one but it still was delicious.

Reactions: webowabo
Man, that looks awesome!  That is going on my short list of things to try.  I like how you used the glass to wrap the bacon.  Did you secure it with a tooth pic or anything?

drool.gif

looks great and a great idea and way to put them together. Happened to buy a bag of boneless skinless thighs just last night with NO idea what I was going to do with them. haha.

I think I now have  my answer! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for all the nice words guys! I saw something similar on the show BACON on one of those crazy food channels, so I can't take all the credit. I didn't use any toothpicks, but it probably wouldn't hurt. Also, I didn't flatten them out either which might be a good idea as well. After I fold them up I definitely would advise putting them with the bacon overwrapped side up. That will help keep some of the cheesy goodness in there.

That looks great. I love bacon-wrapped chicken thighs and have tried lots of different stuffings but this is a brand new approach to me. I'll have to try it this way!

Thanks for posting,

Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky