Bacon wrapped Rabbit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks great!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

As many others have stated, haven't had rabbit since I was a kid many many moons ago.

Thanks.

I haven't tried cherry yet. Pecan reminds me of hickory, maybe not quite as strong.

Looks great Tbear. I'm wanting to go huntin a few of those things but wifey said I cant bring 'em into the house. She used to have pet bunnies.

i seen pel-freez (out of arkansas) rabbits at krogers last night. $17 and change. WOW $5.99 a lb. it aint cheap to raise them but for $17 a rabbit im glad i do.
eek.gif
got a doz or so in the freezor. guess im sitting on a goldmine.

Smoked rabbit is another thing on my list to do. I might have to take a walk through the river bottoms this weekend and see if I can find any to shoot.

mine are about to have kits again. still have a bunch in the freezor but time to get the population going. i had over 70 this past summer.

Im going to give the rabbit a try tommorow. i have about 15 rabbits in the freezer from this past small game season. Wow $5.99 a pound for rabbits! I spend about 5.99 a year for a box of shot gun shells that produce about 15-20 rabbits. But we also have dogs which make it easier. Ive always just cooked them in the crock pot with BBQ sauce. I cut them up real nice so what im left with to cook with is 2 boneless back straps (loin) and the rear legs, which are like small chicken thighs kind of, cant wait to do these rabbits!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky