Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin Stuffed With Pineapple Salsa w Q-Vue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yotzee

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 8, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Just wanted to share some Q-Vue of something new I did over the weekend.  A buddy was coming into town to stay with us over the weekend.  We caught Billy Joel at PNC Park, then I spent all weekend cooking.  My buddy requested a dish with bacon wrapped pork, so I came up with this.

Picked up a 7# pork loin at Costco.  Cut two pieces about 3# each out of it and roll cut them open.  Sprinkled with a dusting of spices I mixed up.  Didnt use my regular rub because I didn't want too much BBQ profile.  I brined these for about 3 hours in a basic salt and brown sugar brine to help keep them moist.

Made up a basic pineapple salsa of pineapple, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and S&P

Basket weave

Rolled the stuffed loins then wrapped in the bacon nets

2 ready for the smoker

Ran these just over 300F for about 2.5 hours until I got a safe temp read.  Only had some apple on hand so I used that, didnt go with too much smoke as the bacon already was smoked.  Pulled them like this

Painted on a coating of Hawaiian Huli Huli Sauce (Pineapple Juice, Ketchup, Soy Sauce, RW Vin) and stuck them under the broiler for just a few mins. 

Sliced, topped with more of the Huli Huli and some of the fresh Pineapple Salsa.  Added some homemade fried rice and BOOM dinner!

This was an incredible meal and we'll definitely be doing this one again.  Pork, bacon and pineapple are something that just works.

Thanks for the looks!

Reactions: SmokinAl
Looks delicious!

Great looking meal!

points.gif

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky