bacon wrapped chipotle maple jalapeños

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buddah

Original poster
Apr 7, 2013
Nova
Buddah's Bacon wrapped chipotle maple jalapeños

20 jalapeños
2 8 ounce regular Cream cheese
1-3 table spoons Chipotle pepper mix
1-2 table spoons of Maple syrup
1.75lbs of bacon (Half the SAMs club pack)
40 toothpicks

Preheat smoker and woodchips 225*F I recommend Apple.
set cream cheese out and start prepping peppers by splitting and seeding them.
In a mixer add cream cheese chipotle seasoning and maple syrup. Blend for 2-3 min.
Stuffed peppers with cream cheese mix flush to the edge of the pepper.
Cut the bacon slices in half.
Then insert a toothpick catty cornered from top left to bottom right of pepper.
Wrap bacon around Peppers piercing the bacon at the corners with the toothpick. That'll keep the bacon from unraveling

Place In smoker for three hours.
For crispier flavor I recommend placing on grill after smoking for a few minutes just to allow flareup. It gives a nice charred flavor and will crisped edges of the bacon.

:grilling_smilie:
And serve Hot
:grilling_smilie::yahoo:

Hi buddah,

Welcome to the forum!

Your chipotle maple ABT's sound fantastic....I'm intrigued at the maple flavor in there.  Thanks for posting your very clear recipe!

Also, be sure to include Q-view with your posts. We all love to see pictures, and if you don't post pictures you'll get something like this...

th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

Have a great day and happy smoking!

Hmm...maple syrup...I like it!  Sounds like a great new wrinkle on an old favorite around here...We love ABTs!  Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky