Bacon wrapped chicken breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
So I'm trying to "'
Liven up" our protein intake ç( have 3 boys) So tonight I tried to butterfly some chicken breast, fill them and wrap them and smoke em!
I'm way better with a gun than a knife, but I tried to butterfly the breast, and then hammer it out flat with a meat tenderizer!
Made my filling withe half of a diced onion, a package of cream cheese and a fist full of shredded cheese along with a half a cup of ranch dressing.Dusted with a really good rub!
When ready to roll up, I divided the filling into 2 bowl's. One was mixed with bbq sauce and the other was sirracha cream sauce. Wrapped with bacon and seasoned lightly with a favorite rub! Smoked at 230 on the camp chef woodwind 24 @ high smoke.. Before being done, I brushed the sirracha ones withe garlic parmesan sauce.
The only issues I had was temperature. I should of made them inside. They got warm real quick which made it difficult to thread together and wrap with bacon
IMG_20220723_163619956.jpg

View attachment 638482

IMG_20220723_182142759.jpg

IMG_20220723_182505538.jpg

IMG_20220723_182808549.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220723_182505538.jpg
    IMG_20220723_182505538.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, my mom was rushed to the ER Sunday morning and had to have an emergency surgery.
For those when asked, YES! They were great! Sirracha wasnt overbearing and the bbq was delicious! Like Jleonard said, always looking to make something different from the same old same old! Cheers fellas!

Sorry for the delay, my mom was rushed to the ER Sunday morning and had to have an emergency surgery.
For those when asked, YES! They were great! Sirracha wasnt overbearing and the bbq was delicious! Like Jleonard said, always looking to make something different from the same old same old! Cheers fellas!
Sorry to hear that.
Hope Mom's doing good now!
Prayers sent !

Bear

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Looks amazing! Did you add any seasoning to the chicken before stuffing/wrapping? How long did it take at 230º?
Thanks! I lightly seasoned the inside with garlic salt after i hammered them out fairly flat. Then after wrapped up, I dusted them with some rub I usually use on pork. That really enhanced the taste of it! As for time, I didnt pay real close attention. I had 4 probes going and was more interested in keeping an eye on the IT. Probably an hour n half ish lol

Reactions: chops1sc
Sorry to hear that.
Hope Mom's doing good now!
Prayers sent !

Bear
Thanks Bear, she is doing pretty good. Has a long couple of weeks ahead of her! She made it through raising me so.......;)

Reactions: Bearcarver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky