Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stjoeguy1122

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
St Joseph, Missouri
They look great!  Ever think of curing them instead of wrapping with bacon?  This is a more prep approach but very simple.  The only ingredient that you may not have is curing salt, and depending on your state you may need to order it.  But, it's a simple curing process:

Make up a simple brine.  I use 1 gal. of water, 1 cup of salt, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, lite or dark, 1 tbsp. curing salt (pink).  If you don't have availability locally, you can order it from SausageMaker or Butcher Packer or several other curing ingredient places.   Stir it up good and put your chicken breasts (any kind, bone in or boneless) and cover, put a small ziploc of half-filled water on top to hold them in the brine.  Brine overnight.  Next day, smoke; you will get the bacon flavor all through the breasts or legs or thighs or wings, etc.  You can also do whole chickens too the same way, let brine a couple days however.  They are a delicacy!  Here I'm smoking two cured chickens and a 28 lb. turkey:

they are delicious!  Cut, they have a pink tinge to them:

You'd love 'em!

I haven't cured chicken, but might give that a try sometime soon. I have plenty of cure that I use for jerky.

I didn't state it in my post but I do brine my chicken over night, I used Famous Dave's Hot Pickle Juice. I poke the breast several times with a fork, hoping it helps with the juice getting to the inside.  it offers a very good and unique favor. 

thanks for the idea!

Bob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky