Bacon wrapped brined stuffed chicken breasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NoobNoob

Original poster
Mar 28, 2019
F516BBEB-1C53-4153-8BB2-C7E52EDF6B94.jpeg
57DCE2C6-E63F-4F68-B191-2FECBEF4AB64.jpeg
B179FBFC-0065-4903-80D0-D35CAD2F8D32.jpeg
i was at Menards today aimlessly walking around looking at lots of different home improvement project stuff I should be buying and working on. Instead I just kept thinking about Sunday dinner. It finally hit me that I have some brine made up in the fridge - leftovers from the last chicken I did. So I decided to do chicken breast. Then I thought, I should stuff them. So I hit up the local grocery store, got some really good looking breasts, they had cloverdale thick cut bacon on sale which I really enjoy. I just made bacon and should have used my own but I wasn’t confident how this would turn out so I just bought the store stuff. I brined the breasts for about 6hrs. My base brine recipe is a gallon of water, 1C brown sug, 1/2C pickling salt, 1/2C of ACV. Like I said I had left overs that I kept in pint jars so I just used a pint for 3 good sized breasts and put in a gallon bag. Decided to go hickory on the smoker, 250F for a couple hours til we hit 165. I stuffed the breasts with stuffing. After we ate I just kept thinking that this needs to be the new staple for thanksgiving. It was tasty. Pictures included. I decided to tie everything up just to keep form and from the bacon detaching. Worked great.

Looks great! Question though. Was this extra brine that wasn't used. Or are you reusing brine?

extra, unused, never touched anything but a glass jar brine. Reusing brine sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: Miss Piggy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky