Bacon Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Superior Belly and beautiful Bacon. Love getting them Fatty like that. If I want Lean Bacon I'll cure a Loin!...JJ

Reactions: HalfSmoked
That looks great Gary . Nice work . I have a brat recipe that calls for a pound of fatty smoked bacon . Some of that would be perfect .
It'll render down . I bet it's great . I like the Bearcarver method too .

Thank you. John's method is so easy to use, and I have a goodly amount of TQ but very little Cure #1
Gary

Bacon is bacon in my book fatty or lean.
Warren

I can't argue with that Warren. As long as it tastes like great bacon, I'm satisfied.
Gary

I'm not complaining about that ratio Gary. It looks great to me.
Point for sure
Chirs

Thanks Chris. Tastes good too.
Gary

Gary, that bacon look gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful color.... I have the same problem in regard to fat/meat ration if I buy full slab of belly from Costco or from Smart Foodservice store... Lately I am buying pork belly from Filipino Supermarket where they cut a slub into three pieces. That way I can see what to expect and buy only what I like....

Thanks. I like smoking it over 2 days, really just for the color.
Unfortunately, when it's your own pig you gotta take home what you brought in.
Gary
Looks good Gary.

Thank you. We're sure enjoying it.
Gary

Great color on that fatty bacon. I have some like that out of pigs I raise. Luck of the draw I guess.

I don't know what my friend feeds his pigs, but he doesn't try for any extra fat--just size and flavor. He usually kills at about 300 pounds.
Gary

The fattier bacon chunked up makes great add for mac-n-cheese, tater soup, baked beans, etc.

It sure does. I always use it when I make beans from gary s gary s recipe. Fantastic!!
Gary

Beautiful bacon, Bro! Big like!

Thanks Disco. I only make bacon twice a year, so I try my best when I do.
Gary

I’m with you on the fatty bacon!
It’s the best, always crispy & never chewy!
I think your bacon looks fantastic!
Al

Thanks Al. I like my bacon crispy too. Seems this batch cooks up pretty quickly, even though it's thick cut. Sure works for me.
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky