Bacon Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I have to say Thanks to David, DRKsmoking DRKsmoking for this. This was all his doing. First time ran RecTec without pellet tube. That last smoke in WSM was pretty strong so wanted a break. Maybe I'm starting to convert to lesser smoke. 3 hrs smoke than into foil pan on top of a rack. Added boiling water to cover bottom than into MES40 at 275 for 90 minutes. Man I love that auber. Let rest for a hour. They all most look dry in the picture but they where so tender, juicy and tasty! Been so busy in yard and working on Home Theater did not feel like making any sides. Ribs stood on their own. Thanks again David.

20220320_154704.jpg 20220320_154718.jpg

Last edited:
Dang those look really good! I could grab one could out of the fridge every morning for a snack!

Looks great Brian! And I know they tasted every bit as good!

Ryan

That looks pretty darned good Brian. I have some Berkshire bellies in the freezer I've been wondering what to do with. You may have helped me to figure it out :emoji_wink:

Robert

Good looking bacon sticks Brian. That's one dish I haven't tried yet. Hopefully this summer.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great. I wish I was smart enough to install and or user an auber PID. Sure seems to make life a lot easier.

Those look Great, Brian!! Like
I started making "Bacon-on-a-Stick" about 11 years ago, and one of the things I like about it is it's the only thing Mrs Bear really likes Smoked!!
It's nice when she asks for it.
I love it too!

Bear

Bacon-on-a-Stick (2011)
DSC02508-1-1.jpg

I have to say Thanks to David, DRKsmoking DRKsmoking for this. This was all his doing. First time ran RecTec without pellet tube. That last smoke in WSM was pretty strong so wanted a break. Maybe I'm starting to convert to lesser smoke. 3 hrs smoke than into foil pan on top of a rack. Added boiling water to cover bottom than into MES40 at 275 for 90 minutes. Man I love that auber. Let rest for a hour. They all most look dry in the picture but they where so tender, juicy and tasty! Been so busy in yard and working on Home Theater did not feel like making any sides. Ribs stood on their own. Thanks again David.

View attachment 531408View attachment 531407
Had to take another look. They are pretty darn good. Trying to think back but I think Pops invented these.

Reactions: Bearcarver
Had to take another look. They are pretty darn good. Trying to think back but I think Pops invented these.

Yup---I think he made them first on here. RIP Pops.
I always sent people to him, if they wanted to wet Brine, and Pops sent people to me, if they wanted to Dry cure with TQ.

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: flatbroke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky