Bacon Rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

piker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Barnwell Alta
i just found some bacon rub very well sealed in a jar and I was wondering if it is still useable. Iused individual spices that were old with no problem before . Theses are about a year old they look and smell and taste alright. Any comments. Thanks Piker

I know that sometimes older spices loose a little of their flavor, but I still use them.
I make large batches of my rub & store it in mason jars. I'm sure that I have used some that is over a year old.
Al

I know that sometimes older spices loose a little of their flavor, but I still use them.
I make large batches of my rub & store it in mason jars. I'm sure that I have used some that is over a year old.
Al
Thanks for the reply. I was not really thinking as all the spices I have are at least one year old so there will be no difference. Piker

The Lifespan of Spices & Herbs. Spices that are finely ground, like nutmeg, cinnamon, cumin, and curry, last around 2-3 years. Whole spices, like cloves and cinnamon sticks, that are dried in their natural whole form have a longer shelf life.Jun 17, 2016

The Lifespan of Spices & Herbs. Spices that are finely ground, like nutmeg, cinnamon, cumin, and curry, last around 2-3 years. Whole spices, like cloves and cinnamon sticks, that are dried in their natural whole form have a longer shelf life.Jun 17, 2016
I use whole spices and grind as needed bc they lose flavor after grinding and storing in spice cabt. I buy whole spices and vac. pak what I am not using at time.If you like to make sausage you use a lot of spices.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky