Bacon raped Lollipops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Carvendive

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 15, 2018
NE Wisconsin
I'll be darned if I can find the thread on this... Admin, if you want to move it, go ahead.

Anyway... Best Damn drums I or my wife have ever had!
The idea came from a Tulsajeff newsletter. He gave it a 20min prep time but it took me close to 60 - but it was way worth it.
I skinned the drums using the "paper towel" method - quick!
I lollipop cut and trimmed the tendons - not as quick.
IMG_20200620_104707612.jpg

I put the legs in the ziplock and first added the Dijon and then the rub and coatedthem up. This is do differently because it took way to long. Next time I'll use a big bowl.
Then I raped them with the bacon and a little more rub and tossed them into the smoker.
IMG_20200620_115312200.jpg

At 145° I saused them once with a mix of 1/2 water & 1/2 babyrays. That was the key. When they came off, you could "taste" each element. It wasn't overpowered by a sause.
1592744962707.jpg

Nice work . Haven't tried those yet , been thinking about it . Those look fantastic .

Looks good from here! Ive done a lot of lollipops but never wrapped in bacon. Nice job!

those look great! Just stated getting into the lollipops - big hit here - even my wife who claimed she didn't like dark meat tore them up! Bacon wrapped - oh course! Yes!

Think I would like them better if wrapped lmao
Yea, I know but if you're going to correct my typing then you missed a couple...
Coatedthem could use a space and "This is do differently..." Should have been This I'd do differently.

Sorry, I didn't actually remove the tendons, (that'd be a good truck) I trimming the ends that stuck out once I'd pushed the meat up.

Only way I've thought of, besides the chore of pullers, was to debone the leg, cut em out, then rewrap the meat and skin back on the bone. But, 99% of the time I just do as you did. Haven't bacon wrapped yet... But that will have to change soon though. Looks too good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky