BACON JAM BRISKET BRIE BURGER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
for the bacon jam I went off of @Steve H. Thread for "sweet heat bacon jamb"
I used the ground cayenne pepper that I had on hand.

Thank You!!

Man that looks awesome ! All I would need is a big bib and some paper towels wrapped around my elbows! Big like for a big, tasty burger.

Ryan

Man that looks awesome ! All I would need is a big bib and some paper towels wrapped around my elbows! Big like for a big, tasty burger.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! I ended up eating some of it with a fork lol. It was deffinatly an elbow dripper!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That's a lot of burger . Nice work .
Thanks Chopsaw! These will be back on the menu for us.......a little smaller next time lol! It was fun to make them really HUGE but a normal size would make for some nice burgers.

for the bacon jam I went off of @Steve H. Thread for "sweet heat bacon jamb" I used the ground cayenne pepper that I had on hand.

This looks too good to pass up, I'm always looking to expand on my health food repertoire! I think I'd start off with making a batch with one pound of my maple bacon and adjusting the rest of the ingredients. I think I've got everything here but the shallots. Isn't a shallot just another type of onion? I guess I'll just wait a bit, getting a bit leery of going to the store for little things every day. Does this need to be refrigerated all the time or just after opening? How does one "bookmark" something? Boy howdy, look at all those questions! RAY

This looks too good to pass up, I'm always looking to expand on my health food repertoire! I think I'd start off with making a batch with one pound of my maple bacon and adjusting the rest of the ingredients. I think I've got everything here but the shallots. Isn't a shallot just another type of onion? I guess I'll just wait a bit, getting a bit leery of going to the store for little things every day. Does this need to be refrigerated all the time or just after opening? How does one "bookmark" something? Boy howdy, look at all those questions! RAY
Ray I use my phone mostly but at top of screen has a pic of a small bookmark, I just hit that. Not sure on a computer. Hope this helps

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, I'm not seeing that on my computer. I got my first smart phone six months back after jumping into the pool with my flip phone in the pocket of my shorts. I hate my smart phone, seems I'm too stupid to figure it out. RAY

RAY, you could most definitely make it without the shallots in my opinion. Yes they are like a little onion with a little different flavor...but by the time it's all cooked down to a "jam" I dont think it will make a huge difference. I say go for it with what you have! And yes refrigerated!

Another question. After you put the extra jam in the mason jars are you putting them in the fridge or freezer or are you sealing them through the canning process??

Another question. After you put the extra jam in the mason jars are you putting them in the fridge or freezer or are you sealing them through the canning process??
We just put it in a container and into the fridge. I would assume you could freeze but I dont see a need for a canning process. It would not be something you could keep on the shelf.

We just put it in a container and into the fridge. I would assume you could freeze but I dont see a need for a canning process. It would not be something you could keep on the shelf.
Thanks again! This is on my to do list

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky