bacon hangers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave17a

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
west central Mo
Building a smoke house and was wondering, in yourall's opinion, what size hanger(width) do you prefer and why. Did bacon last year and just laid on racks in old leaky smoker. Have read that hanging is much better.

Thanks, Dave

HI DAVE

i have done it on the racks and it turned out nice, i built a bigger smoker and bought the bacon racks (hooks) and hung it. will see what the difference is as i just did 2 sides yesterday  im just an apprentice but if you follow the boys on here ya cant go wrong.

Thanks Rat. Guess it don't even matter. Just know there are an inch difference I think in hangers and bellies are about 8-10" wide i recolect.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky