• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

bacon hangers

dave17a

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 23, 2012
Building a smoke house and was wondering, in yourall's opinion, what size hanger(width) do you prefer and why. Did bacon last year and just laid on racks in old leaky smoker. Have read that hanging is much better.

Thanks, Dave

goliath

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 8, 2013
HI DAVE

i have done it on the racks and it turned out nice, i built a bigger smoker and bought the bacon racks (hooks) and hung it. will see what the difference is as i just did 2 sides yesterday  im just an apprentice but if you follow the boys on here ya cant go wrong.

dave17a

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 23, 2012
Thanks Rat. Guess it don't even matter. Just know there are an inch difference I think in hangers and bellies are about 8-10" wide i recolect.

goliath

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 8, 2013
i have a pic posted of the bacon in my smoker hanging by the hangers, actually pretty slick !!!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.