BACON (Extra Smoky)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

That looks nice.  Hope mine turns out as well.  
drool.gif
Yours will be Awesome!!

You'll See! 
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Bear

Reactions: Bearcarver
Here you go! I think this is better than the first batch. I got a slicer since last time and that sure made a big difference. Hand slicing 10 lbs would have been a pain.
That Looks Great, MilkMan!!
drool.gif
---
points.gif

Nice Job!!
icon14.gif

Your length is just right too, the way I do them. That way they're just the right length for a BLT, and when you throw them in the Frying Pan, the middle doesn't get done before the ends!!!

Bear

Looks Good, Milkman!!:drool

Waiting for the Pics of the Sliced goodness!

Be back in a couple days.

Bear

Here you go! I think this is better than the first batch. I got a slicer since last time and that sure made a big difference. Hand slicing 10 lbs would have been a pain.

....this looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks fantastic Bear, I picked up a 11 pounder at Costco yesterday and need a step by step. Last one I did was a wet cure that didn't turn out because I over cooked it to 155 IT it tastes good but you can't fry it crisp without it turning to the consistentcy of jerky lol this will be my second attempt and I need all the help I can get. I don't have a scale and I am not familiar with any masurments other than standard. I have pink salt #1 TQ and somting I got from the butcher called sweeter than sweet tha is similar to TQ. Which Si used in a wet cure last time.

Randy,

That looks fantastic Bear, I picked up a 11 pounder at Costco yesterday and need a step by step. Last one I did was a wet cure that didn't turn out because I over cooked it to 155 IT it tastes good but you can't fry it crisp without it turning to the consistentcy of jerky lol this will be my second attempt and I need all the help I can get. I don't have a scale and I am not familiar with any masurments other than standard. I have pink salt #1 TQ and somting I got from the butcher called sweeter than sweet tha is similar to TQ. Which Si used in a wet cure last time.

Randy,
That's Great, Randy!

Using TQ, and following my Step by Steps on this Thread will avoid any of those problems.  Never Fails.

Bear

Bear,
I have about 9 pounds of pork belly getting happy in the refrigerator since yesterday at 1:00PM is it ok to stack them like this?

Randy,
Hi Randy,

I would say You're good, as long as they're laying flat, so the top piece is laying in the juices that accumulate, all the way across.

If they were laying on a slant, only the lower end would get the full benefit of all the juices (including the cure that's in the juices).

Bear

368f3647290760d92bf9ee900bc91327.jpg

Been wanting to cure and smoke some bacon for a long time. Curing should start tonight and be ready to smoke next weekend.

I hate waiting. Using the bearcarver recipe to knock this out of the park.

Been wanting to cure and smoke some bacon for a long time. Curing should start tonight and be ready to smoke next weekend.

I hate waiting. Using the bearcarver recipe to knock this out of the park.

That's Great, Scarps!!

Any problems or Questions, just hit me with a PM, so I don't miss it.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky