Bacon curling

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nate85

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 19, 2010
I read a post on here that said adding something to the bacon brine will keep it from curling so much when frying. I can’t remember what it was though. Maybe sodium phosphate? Anyone know?

Last edited:
LOL Here I thought "curling" was a typo and funny enough and then saw sodium prostrate... :emoji_laughing:

Wife bakes ours. She flips a few times and rests on paper towels. Perfectly flat. BLT's last night in fact.

I had to google it..... :emoji_laughing:

Prostate sodium
Enlarged prostate is found among people who take Diclofenac sodium, especially for people who are 60+ old also take medication Carboplatin, and have Lung cancer - non-small cell. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,164 people who have side effects when taking Diclofenac sodium from FDA, and is updated regularly.

My wife cooks our bacon on a cookie sheet in the oven. She puts a sheet of foil on the cookie sheet for easy clean up and into the oven @ 420 deg. Cook it to your liking (soft to crispy) but it doesn't curl?

I'm not going to touch the sodium prostate discussion :emoji_laughing:

Last edited:
My wife cooks our bacon on a cookie sheet in the over. She puts a sheet of foil on the cookie sheet for easy clean up and into the oven @ 420 deg. Cook it to your liking (soft to crispy) but it doesn't curl?

I'm not going to touch the sodium prostate discussion :emoji_laughing:
That is how I cook my bacon these days, except at 375. Lots easier to clean up and get nice straight pieces.

Reactions: texomakid
Hahaha wow got to love spell check, and that fact that it’s a real thing makes it even better. The word I was looking for was phosphate but obviously I failed spelling in elementary. Glad i could entertain everyone on this fine friday lol

I read a post on here that said adding someone to the bacon brine will keep it from curling so much when frying. I can’t remember what it was though. Maybe sodium prostate? Anyone know?

"adding someone to the bacon brine" ????? Wow, that's got to be one big pot!!!

Seriously when I cook bacon on my kettle it doesn't curl nearly as much as frying.

Chris

LOL Here I thought "curling" was a typo and funny enough and then saw sodium prostrate... :emoji_laughing:

Wife bakes ours. She flips a few times and rests on paper towels. Perfectly flat. BLT's last night in fact.

You ought to get her a blanket !!
After flipping a few times, resting on Paper towels can't be very comfortable.

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw and zwiller
This whole thread is hilarious.
Also bake it in the oven like others have said.

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky