Bacon Bonanza!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
First question I’ve looked at the diggingdogs calculator. I haven’t used it yet but if I remember right it calls for the proper amounts of cure, sugar, salt for the weight of the belly. Did you add sugar and salt or just cure and spices? Sorry for the dumb question:oops:
Good gosh that’s a pile of bacon!
Awesome job on keeping it all straight. I would have lost sleep with that much.

Great post and bacon. I dont think you really said how you like the cob smoke?? Maybe I missed it??

First question I’ve looked at the diggingdogs calculator. I haven’t used it yet but if I remember right it calls for the proper amounts of cure, sugar, salt for the weight of the belly. Did you add sugar and salt or just cure and spices? Sorry for the dumb question:oops:
Good gosh that’s a pile of bacon!
Awesome job on keeping it all straight. I would have lost sleep with that much.
Not dumb at all, I may have missed a few details and will edit along the way. To your point, I added cure, salt & sugar per diggingdog. Then spices to recipe. I think there is a pick with my numbers, if that helps.
Great post and bacon. I dont think you really said how you like the cob smoke?? Maybe I missed it??
Thanks and Good point, I didn’t mention. We LOVE the cob. It will be what I smoke at least one of the next TB slabs I smoke.

Reactions: pc farmer and Ishi
Not dumb at all, I may have missed a few details and will edit along the way. To your point, I added cure, salt & sugar per diggingdog. Then spices to recipe. I think there is a pick with my numbers, if that helps.

Thanks and Good point, I didn’t mention. We LOVE the cob. It will be what I smoke at least one of the next TB slabs I smoke.
Yes I found the pic. I’m sure I’ll think of more. I wish I could like the post again:)

I use cob for all my smoked meats and sausage. I will say I did some sticks with apple, very good.

Reactions: 73saint
drooling
9czz.jpg

Awesome post!

If you want to try another amazing experiment get a costco belly and when you smoke it take the IT of the belly to 145F. You can then eat it right out of the package but it seems just like bacon that you must fry!

I like to call this "Bacon Cold Cuts". I do my bacon this way (because I can't wait to eat it lol) and I swear 90% of the bacon I make never hits a skillet and is eaten right out of the package!

If you tell people "it's Bacon Cold Cuts" they don't question it and they eat it and then the rest of the pack in one sitting hahahaha. Enjoy!

Awesome post!

If you want to try another amazing experiment get a costco belly and when you smoke it take the IT of the belly to 145F. You can then eat it right out of the package but it seems just like bacon that you must fry!

I like to call this "Bacon Cold Cuts". I do my bacon this way (because I can't wait to eat it lol) and I swear 90% of the bacon I make never hits a skillet and is eaten right out of the package!

If you tell people "it's Bacon Cold Cuts" they don't question it and they eat it and then the rest of the pack in one sitting hahahaha. Enjoy!
I'm going to have to try that...thanks!!

Great looking Bacon! Gives me something to shoot for. I have some belly in the fridge right now that has been curing for almost a week, and will go into the smoker this weekend. This will be my first attempt at it so I hope that the finished product will at least be edible. On a side note: Where "Near New Orleans" are you? I'm on the Westbank.

Great looking Bacon! Gives me something to shoot for. I have some belly in the fridge right now that has been curing for almost a week, and will go into the smoker this weekend. This will be my first attempt at it so I hope that the finished product will at least be edible. On a side note: Where "Near New Orleans" are you? I'm on the Westbank.
I was born in Harvey, lived in Woodland West most of my life. Live in Harahan/River Ridge now. Small world!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky