Back in the saddle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cseymour

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Newburgh NY
Hi All,
Been away form the forums for a while. Did my first smoke of the year (and in a long while) today. Did a fatty this morning (no pics, my son got to it too fast) and some ribs.

Still have a butt on the smoker now. Will post some more pics when done.
f017f8fb_vbattach21054.jpg

38eeb1eb_vbattach21055.jpg

Welcome back to the world of smoke and the SMF family

Nice to know you're back in the hood, SMF that is. Good luck on that smoking butt. Looking forward to the Q View my friend.

Thanks Guys,
Sure is enjoyable. Son said he likes the wetter style ribs -- I had just used Jeff's rub -- how would I go about making a wetter or saucier rib -- is that where the mopping comes in?

I have done the butts and fatties -- the ribs are a new adventure for me.

Thanks.

Chris

Thanks again for all the well wishes. Hopefully this will be the first of many threads. Here are a couple of shots of the butt
a7e98152_vbattach21084.jpg

62b7d5f6_vbattach21085.jpg

Great to see you continue on smoking; for the ribs look into mopping, spritzing and foiling; then you will provide your son a more "wetter" rib.

Thanks guys (and gals) for all the encouragement. Much appreciated. Now I need to find a good baked beans recipe -- anybody care to share a favorite?

Thanks.

Chris

Welcome back! The ribs and butt look great.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I agree about giving Dutch's beans a try. I've yet to have anyone who I've served them to say they don't like them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky