Bachelor meal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Bonnie was invited to a "ladies" birthday dinner across the street leaving me on my own. I am not nearly as creative as Robert ( tx smoker tx smoker ) is when Tracy is away.
So, while she is across the street having what looks like a nice fruity drink and a huge NY Sicilian slice of Pizza (and apparently a backup regular slice).
IMG_3926.jpg

I am hungry, I did not resort to the "Alpo" refried beans I did last time she was gone...lol
alpo.jpg

This time being a little "less lazy" I did a quick gyro salad.

Onions, cilantro, garlic, dill, black and white pepper in a bit of avocado oil
onion.jpg

After a bit of cooking down the gyro meat was added. I get this lamb/beef combo, pre-shaved 10lbs at a time at restaurant depot. I break it down and vac pack for future use.
meat.jpg

Luckily the wife had cut down some salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and chick peas
salad1.jpg

Got lazy and did not make my normal cucumber salad but instead took some sour cream mixed with dill and red wine vinegar
sauce.jpg

all plated it up with some good hot sauce
plate.jpg

Not the most creative meal was still very good.

That looks nothing like a meal from my bachelor days (something that one could eat standing over the sink with little or no preparation/cooking).

Would choose the gyro over pizza any day. Nice meal...the ladies have no idea whar they missed.

Reactions: clifish and chopsaw
I could down a plate of that Cliff. Nice looking meal.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: clifish
Thanks for all the likes and comments, I get more inspired and more creative from everyone on this forum.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That looks tasty as all get out! Sometimes a good meaty salad really hits the spot!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky