Bachan's Original BBQ Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I know that there are a few on here that use it and yesterday I was looking online to order some more for myself. On Walmart.com, they're selling a case of 6 17 oz. bottles for $22.13, regularly $59.94/case. For those who don't know, it regularly sells for $8-$10/bottle so this is a great deal, but almost seems too good to be true. Because it is Walmart, I ordered a "case" and will probably give 4 bottles away to friends and family. On my laptop I found this deal by searching online for "Bachan's BBQ Sauce" and then looking at images, selecting the Walmart image, and there it was. Supposed to be delivered by 12/22 so I'll see if it is a mistake.

Just an FYI for those who may be interested...

They seem to mark it down here every couple of weeks . I saw it Friday for $6.50 a bottle .

Just FYI . I saw a " deal " like that for Tender Quick one time . It was advertised on Walmart's site but was sold by a vender . Same thing . Multiple bags for cheap . I ended up with one bag of TQ ( came in a duct taped shoe box ) that cost me 30 bucks . Had to fight to get my money back . Walmart did refund it .
Like I said , just FYI .

Yes, this is the same kind of deal and I'm always suspicious when something seems too good to be true, but I'll know this week, hopefully..

Reactions: negolien
I've never heard of it. Is it sweet or tangy or hot? A favorite here in Iowa is Countryside, its made right here in Iowa. It is quite sweet. They also have a hot version.
41VCAmKGe+L._SL1000_.jpg

Reactions: Brokenhandle
They seem to mark it down here every couple of weeks . I saw it Friday for $6.50 a bottle .

Just FYI . I saw a " deal " like that for Tender Quick one time . It was advertised on Walmart's site but was sold by a vender . Same thing . Multiple bags for cheap . I ended up with one bag of TQ ( came in a duct taped shoe box ) that cost me 30 bucks . Had to fight to get my money back . Walmart did refund it .
Like I said , just FYI .
Rich, can I have my shoe box back. I've got other orders to fill.

Chris

I know that there are a few on here that use it and yesterday I was looking online to order some more for myself. On Walmart.com, they're selling a case of 6 17 oz. bottles for $22.13, regularly $59.94/case. For those who don't know, it regularly sells for $8-$10/bottle so this is a great deal, but almost seems too good to be true. Because it is Walmart, I ordered a "case" and will probably give 4 bottles away to friends and family. On my laptop I found this deal by searching online for "Bachan's BBQ Sauce" and then looking at images, selecting the Walmart image, and there it was. Supposed to be delivered by 12/22 so I'll see if it is a mistake.

Just an FYI for those who may be interested...
I found the $22.13 price (regularly $59.94) at Walmart (Sold by Max Warehouse) here- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bachan-s-Sauce-Japanese-Barbecue-Original/381315076. Is this the one you ordered? I'm not seeing anything about it being 6 bottles though.

I found the $22.13 price (regularly $59.94) at Walmart (Sold by Max Warehouse) here- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bachan-s-Sauce-Japanese-Barbecue-Original/381315076. Is this the one you ordered? I'm not seeing anything about it being 6 bottles though.
Yes that's it. The quantity doesn't show up anywhere in the description and that's why I took this picture...
20221218_074828[1].jpg

The link beside the bottle in that picture was the link I clicked on to get to here to place my order...
20221218_074807[1].jpg

I have the evidence just in case, pun intended... :emoji_wink:

As I said, I'm on my laptop and I searched for it. I then clicked on images and then the Walmart image. The 1st picture is what showed up and I clicked on the link beside that picture and arrived at the 2nd picture. I can't seem to get the same results on my phone.

By the way, I'm not in Sacramento, I'm in SC. Don't know why that shows up, but probably something to do with the laptop's default location, DuckDuckGo, or both...

That is something that you just don't on store shelves around here.Might to check some of the Asian specialty shops.

Last edited:
  • Wow
That is something that you just don't on store shelves around.Might to check some of the Asian specialty shops.
Whole Foods sells it, supposedly, as does Target. I order it because I don't want to go on a wild goose chase looking for it...

Kroger and Publix keeps it on the shelf
Its Market Basket and Stop and Shop up here.They have the ethnic food aisle but that generally means Goya products and local Portuguese products.

There is a nice Asian market down the street from an Armenian market I go to a few times a year.

Reactions: negolien and TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky