Baby backs on the gravity with smoked pulled pork poblanos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Well great minds must think alike, Kvgsqtii Kvgsqtii posted about BB today SmokinAl SmokinAl is doing them tomorrow and I fired up the MB gravity at noon today as well. Working from home is great or in a better case, retired like Al. Rubbed up the rack with a combo of Oak ridge BBQ Dominator rib rub and their Carne Acosta steak rub.

Chucked on the smoker @180 with cherry chunks.
1.jpg

After an hour sprayed with apple juice/apple cider vinegar
2.jpg

Then prepped the side, stuffed pulled pork poblano peppers, cream cheese, red onions, garlic, more rib rub wrapped in bacon.
3.jpg

Coming along, I did wrap for a couple hours, raised the temp to 225 actually was trying to prolong the cook as I knew Bonnie would not be done with conference calls until 6.30.
5.jpg

peppers pulled
4.jpg

Ribs pulled, pull back looks as good as Justin's yankee2bbq yankee2bbq teeth...lol
6.jpg

No plate shot as we dove right in. Taste and texture was great, bite of the bone, maybe fall of the bone on the first edge ribs. I did sauce the ribs after the wrap, half with SBR and the other half with a sweet chili pepper sauce.

A great cook, vac packed the middle third of the ribs for another day. Plans tomorrow and grabbing a Tri tip for a Sunday smoke.

Fantastic looking ribs Cliff, from the hillbilly teeth to the color.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: clifish
Everything looks great Cliff!!
I'll take a rib and a pepper please!!

Keith
Thanks Keith, doing a tri-tip tomorrow and guess what is going on the top rack of the smoker, yep cream cheese. This time I softened it up and mixed in the everything flavor and reformed it.

Fantastic looking ribs Cliff, from the hillbilly teeth to the color.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, finally getting some decent weather to cook.

Ribs look really good and I'll take couple of those peppers!
Hey Brian, I love making these peppers. Going to have to buy a bunch before the season ends and freeze them. Going to roast butternut squash tomorrow with the TT

Cliff, great ribs , and the stuffed peppers
plate me up

David
Thanks doc, stuffed these with some PP, cream cheese, cheddar, smoked Gouda, red onions and garlic.

Awesome looking ribs Cliff!
Love the poblanos too!
Mine are hitting the smoker in a few!
Al
Can't wait to see how they look after the rec tec gets through, I am am sure they will be perfect.

Nice cook Cliff .
Thanks Chop

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Tasty lookin' cook Cliff. :emoji_thumbsup:

View attachment 645454
Thanks Moto, the one in the center is for the MB gravity, I had never tried it before and wanted to see how accurate it was compared to the inkbird, it was. I want to step up to a wireless one like the meater that has ambient and food sensors in the single probe.

Reactions: motocrash
That roasted squash is so good! I got one to do.
I love it too.

That's a fine looking pile of food right there Cliff!! I'm loving those stuffed peppers though. Man, I could make a meal out of those alone.

And so do dem tooths :emoji_laughing: Great to see you again Justin.

Robert
Thanks Robert, I do love the poblanos, going to grow them next year away from the deer.

yeah those ribs have Justin written all over them..lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky