Baby Back Ribs with AMAZING Potato Salad!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Texas Cookin'

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 28, 2019
So I had set a rack of baby backs out to cook this weekend. I talked my wife into whipping up some potato salad. Guys I must tell you. The ribs were really good but that potato salad is out of this world. Pictures and recipes below.
Ribs were pretty basic. I usually like to use my own rub or one of Jeff's recipes however my little brother has started working for a spice company making them. He brought me a whole slew of stuff the other day so I decided to try the pork rub. Man this stuff was good on these ribs.
I was going to do a 2-2-1 method with these but they required a little more time to pass the bend test. I smoked for 2 hours at 225 then wrapped like I usually do. Parkay squeeze butter, honey, brown sugar. I like to use tiger sauce in these also but I haven't found any lately. Back into the smoker for 2 more hours. I then unwrapped the ribs and reapplied the glaze from the foil heavily. I also coated with head country BBQ sauce and put them back in. Usually they are done in an hour but these were pretty thick and were not so I cranked it up to 250 for about 30-40 more minutes and they were just how we like them.
IMG_2051.JPG
IMG_2058.JPG

Now for the star of the show with recipe!

8 medium potatoes boiled
5 hard boiled eggs
1 package of green onion dip mix.-this stuff can be hard to find. We order It online. I will post a pic below.
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 T dried parsley
2 tsp mustard
2 T cidar vinegar
2 cups real mayo.
1/2 red onion diced fine
3/4 cup of dill pickles diced fine. My wife swears this has to be best made brand dill pickles or it doesn't taste right.

Cool the potatoes and the eggs and then use a cheese grater to grate both into a large bowl. Mix the other ingredients separately and then mix with the potatoes and eggs. sprinkle top with celery seed.

?hash=a42444f9bd6773b5a5264430136570f5.jpg
IMG_2052.JPG
IMG_2055.JPG
IMG_2056.JPG
IMG_2057.JPG
IMG_2059.JPG

Enjoy and thanks for looking,
Fred

Attachments

• IMG_2053.JPG
    IMG_2053.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: FishAndBeer
Ribs look great! But man I love a good potato salad and it looks good but my taste o vision isn't working, dang my luck!

Ryan

Ribs look great! But man I love a good potato salad and it looks good but my taste o vision isn't working, dang my luck!

Ryan
Ryan you need to try this potato salad it is worth the effort. Thanks for the like.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky