Baby back ribs today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vaalpens

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 29, 2019
Southeast, WA
Today it was one of those days where we went into the freezer to see what we had. we found some baby back ribs from January and decide to put it on the pellet grill.

After defrosting I used the normal yellow mustard coating with Jeff's original rub
The pellet grill was set at 240F, but the Inkbird showed registered around 250F. My target temperature was 250F.
At the same time when the ribs went in, I also put some potatoes wrapped in foil on the smoker.
After 2 hours I wrapped the ribs in double layer of foil, with brown sugar, honey, butter and BBQ sauce at the top and bottom. I also added some apple juice inside the foil.
This wan't one of those days where I just wanted it to get it just perfect, so I left the ribs in the foil for 2 hours.
After 2 hours wrapped (total 4 hours) I removed the ribs and saved the juice from the foil.
Normally I would brush the ribs with the sweet juice and put it back on the grill so the sauce/juice can caramelize, but since it was 2 hours in the foil and plenty tender, we decided to not put it back on the grill.

The ribs and potatoes came out great, with the ribs especially tasty. It was fall of the bone tender with a nice sweet taste.

This is what the ribs looked like:
IMG_0961.JPG

Looks great but skip the foil on the taters next time and throw a few xtra on, smoked tater salad is really good lol

Reactions: irun4him
Ribs are also my favourite to roast. I personally like them to eat at dinner. Yesterday i also made them by doing efforts with my wife, which was really delicious to eat..

Looks great but skip the foil on the taters next time and throw a few xtra on, smoked tater salad is really good lol
Thanks for the suggestion. I have never tried smoked potato salad, but there is always a first time. Next time I can throw a few extra on and see how it turns out.

Ribs are also my favourite to roast. I personally like them to eat at dinner. Yesterday i also made them by doing efforts with my wife, which was really delicious to eat..

Thanks. It seems that ribs is becoming our go to meal when we haven't planned anything. It doesn't take a long time to defrost, and it works well on the pellet grill.

These look great! I'm going to try this method and ingredients tomorrow!

Thanks. After this post, I made another back, but this time I just went with 225F. This time it was done 3 hours naked, and then only 1 hour in foil. I think the texture is a bit more bite of the bone.

I think I prefer the 3/1 method.

Reactions: irun4him
FOTB ribs are my favorites and yours look really good.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky