Awesome Salsa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I wanted to make a smoked salsa just because of this forum but as I started I found the pellets in my smoker turned into mush from it sitting for a while. That one is delayed but I think this is still good enough to post here. This will make a salsa that is very good restaurant quality and is pretty easy to make.

It involves boiling and roasting on the stove top. Then blending it into an awesome salsa.

Start out with a large pot filled half way with water and add 12 Roma tomatoes, 3 Jalapeno peppers, one Serrano pepper and about 8 garlic cloves. Let it boil until the tomato skins start splitting in half.

While that is happening use a large skillet heated up with a spray on oil to start roasting the onion. Slice it in 1/2" pieces and roast it until each side is well browned. Set it aside and start pulling out the peppers and garlic and brown them as well. Lastly do the same with the tomatoes.

2022_12_29_salsa_001.jpg

Now it is time to blend it. I use Kinder - The Blend. It is fine ground garlic, pepper and salt you can buy at Costco, Walmart or online. I add about one teaspoon. I use about 1/2 of a group of celantro stems and all then throw it all in a blender. I lightly pulse it until it is good.

2022_12_29_salsa_002.jpg

I can't get enough of this and eat it all the time. I will make a smoked version after I clean out the pellets from my smoker. This version will make your taste buds happy without smoking it however.

With chips and quesadilla. The hard part is waiting for it to cool down in the fridge.

2022_12_29_salsa_003.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky