Aw boy...here we go now!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by burnt, Aug 21, 2011.

1. burnt

burnt Fire Starter

Hi ya'll!

Just stumbled across this forum and have now spent two hours surfing! I am looking forward to smok'in some mo meat, looks like lots of creative ideas here.

I am not new to the craft but by no means a veteran. I have started a build that has just goe way out of control. It all started with a great buy on some 3/8" plate steel and has turned into a 1500 lbs monster. I'm not sure how I am even gonna get this thing out of my shop!  I will probably start a "build thread" about it. But for now here it is.... guess it's a "verticle smoker" cuz the fire box is under the smoke box?  I'm think'in it will get a "Lazy Suzan" set of racks in it so I can fill'er up full.

Please feel free to chime in with any thoughts, I'd like to know know before it's too late if I am barking up the wrong tree!

2. burnt

burnt Fire Starter

Wow... no edit button for the post....that's gonna help make me look dumb, and dont need no help with that!  Heres a few pics of my monster!

3. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a cool smoker you got there.

4. burnt

burnt Fire Starter

thanks.... I posted some pics but we'll have to wait for the mods to give'em the nod cuz I am a noob here.

5. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview. [​IMG]

6. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]    Glad to have you with us!

Looking forward to seeing your smoker.

7. burnt

burnt Fire Starter

[​IMG]

8. burnt

burnt Fire Starter

[​IMG]

9. burnt

burnt Fire Starter

[​IMG]

10. burnt

burnt Fire Starter

[​IMG]

11. burnt

burnt Fire Starter

I'll get this picture posting thing figured out, thanks for your matients in the mean time! [​IMG]

12. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome aboard!

Good luck and good smoking.

13. daggerdoggie

daggerdoggie Smoke Blower

That is some really nice looking work there.  Great craftsmanship!

14. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wow it loos great

15. tiki guy

tiki guy Smoking Fanatic

Gauwd Daum that is a beauty .........

16. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Well 200 yrs from now when somebody finds your smoker in some wierd place they are going to say...wonder what this guy did for a living...THAT IS A GREAT SMOKER !!!!!

17. Looks beautiful!

Any updates?

18. bigfish98

bigfish98 Smoking Fanatic

Nice! Wish I was that handy with metal. I am lucky I still have all my fingers from shop class! Can't wait to see some meat in that thing!

Bigfish

19. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That thing is freakin awesome!

Looks like you could cremate a body in there!

Can't wait to see it in action!

20. slownlow

slownlow Smoking Fanatic

looks great.  You did a awesome job building that smoker.  I like that bull head on the door.   [​IMG]