• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The defence was a good match overall to O's offence.

So the MU D usually allows a back to rush for 229 yards?
wink.gif

PLEASE step into the the next century with your new coach and tactics. Sheesh.[/quote]

Whats wrong with old school smash mouth football?

Sooo where's the 40 points usually associated with such? I had no problem with the overall defence.

It ain't working outside the Big Ten any more. Or the Pro central either. The game has changed. I love it, but it's time has past.

The game has changed but what makes Tress a great coach is he adjust his offense to what his team can do. Last year OSU ran a lot of the spread offense with Smith, Ginn and Gonzales and even this year they have. But with a first year QB and a back like Wells there was really no choice but to be a smash mouth running team, especially on Saturday given the field conditions nobody was going to pass much in weather like that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky