Auber Premade smoker controllers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like mine, been using it for years now. Dont know if they will work on MES. You may want to cal and talk to Surey (sorry may not have spelled right)

I have the ECB not the MES
The back of the Auber has 2 plugs, Input and out. If your element has a cord you can plug it in to the output side so the PID can control it.

I plug the cord from the back of my Bradley to the output.

Awesome thanks. Do you have the single probe or double probe version? Also how well does the temp/time feature work?

My thoughts were that i could put a pork shoulder on the pit let it smoke for a couple hours then lower the temp to basically keep it warm till I get home.

I have the dual probe WSD-1503CPH model. I built my own electric fridge conversion, but I am not electronically inclined enough to build a PID from scratch. So this Auber PID was a godsend. My element is 1500w, so I went with the higher end version that can control up to 1800w. Also, they say it'll run on either 120v or 220v, but I haven't tried the higher voltage yet.

It takes a while to figure out how to run it (the manual could really be written better) but once you have it down, it couldn't be easier.

This model has 6 settings, meaning you can program it to do 6 different things on each smoke. You can cook by temp and time, temp and internal temp, or any combination of both. It will hold your smoker temp to within 1-2 degees.

For instance, on a pork butt, I will pre-program it to come up to 225° smoker temperature and hold for 1 hour, to bring the smoker up to temp.

Then, after the hour is up, it will automatically shift into cabinet temp and IT, and keep going until the IT on the pork butt hits 200°.

When it hits that temp, which I consider pulling tenderness, I have it set to drop down to a smoker temp of 130° to hold until I'm ready to take it out. That uses only 3 of the settings, so theoretically I could set it do 3 more, but my smokes aren't that complicated yet.

This is a perfect "set it and forget it" PID for an overnight smoke, or for when you have other things to do, like run to the store, catch the game, etc. In fact, I'm using it right now to make rawhide sticks for our dog.

Last edited:
I am also using a Auber WSD-1503CPH on a Cookshack clone. It is a great PID just as mneely490 says. I would highly suggest the dual probe models if you can.  The ability to monitor IT, then do something in the next programming step based on the IT is very handy. Also, I have used the second AC output, which is designed and promoted to be used as smoke control on a Bradley, to actually turn on my homemade jerky dryer fan after so many hours of smoking.  So, my point is that you can think of things to do both with the second AC output (max. of 3 amp load) and the IT probe once you see how they work, then think about applications for a little while.

-Smokinjoe

So I notice that they offer the regular and 1800w version. my element in my ECB is 1500W so i'm thinking I would need the larger one but wasn't sure if I would be better off going with the smaller dual probe model and changing my element to a hot plate or something. Just thoughts.

Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky