Auber PID question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OnlyJunkVws

Original poster
May 8, 2023
UK
Hello! New here and have read a few threads about the auber pids. My mes130b died (shocker) so I ordered the auber ws1510. Im in the uk and saw the notes saying I can use just the adapter for the plug coming from the smoker to the auber. But can I just run an adapter straight into the wall from the auber here with the 230v? Or do I need to use one of my converters?
Side question. When I return to the US, can I just swap a US spec plug onto the heating element? Thanks for the help!

Reactions: JLeonard
Specs state that it'll handle 240 vac and 50 cycles. You should be good to go. Your choice on running it 120 or 240 volt. What is the wattage of the MES130? Auber can control more watts at 240v.

RG

Screenshot_20230508_225040_Opera.jpg

Specs state that it'll handle 240 vac and 50 cycles. You should be good to go. Your choice on running it 120 or 240 volt. What is the wattage of the MES130? Auber can control more watts at 240v.

RG

View attachment 665111

RG

View attachment 665111
I haven’t been able to find specs for the mes. But I will say their heating elements as far as I can tell don’t have a difference here vs US

Your 220 VAC heating element will put out half power at 120 VAC. It won't be enough.

You can put a 120 VAC element in the smoker or run a 220 outlet to your smoking area. I would probably replace the element.

My $0.02

JC :emoji_cat:

Your 220 VAC heating element will put out half power at 120 VAC. It won't be enough.

You can put a 120 VAC element in the smoker or run a 220 outlet to your smoking area. I would probably replace the element.

My $0.02

JC :emoji_cat:
Thanks for the info! When I return I’ll just swap the element.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky