Attempting Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bgolden49

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Mass.
I purchased the High Mountain Bacon cure kit from Bass Pro. This will be a trial and error on a 2lb. Pork belly .
I'll post my results in a week once it is cured.

Bill G

Best of Luck, Bill.
icon14.gif
 That's one I haven't read up on yet. Will be looking forward to seeing and hearing the results.  You got any pictures of the Process?

I have not tried smoking bacon,  but here is something I do have often.

Take a pack of "off the shelf" bacon.   Dust it with your favorite rub.   Spread the slices out on the grill rack and smoke till done.   Makes the best BLT sammies in the world.

Good luck on your efforts.

I will post pictures as I go along. I just started the pork bellies today. They'll be in the fridge for 7 days.
Bill G

I have not tried smoking bacon,  but here is something I do have often.

Take a pack of "off the shelf" bacon.   Dust it with your favorite rub.   Spread the slices out on the grill rack and smoke till done.   Makes the best BLT sammies in the world.

Good luck on your efforts.
That's one way to make it your own.  I Love doing that. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky