1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Attached smoker Box Question for Char griller Duo

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by viper12161, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:59 PM.

1. viper12161

viper12161 Newbie

So I am still very new to smoking...got my Duo end of the summer last year. Spring is coming here in New England, so I am looking forward to starting back up again. I had some issues with my smoker last year, primarily with temp control. But in reading up on things over the winter, I found some issues. The major one is where the smoker box attaches to the grill...there is a gap there...so it is definitely getting air that way. I bought some gasket material for it, but I have also seen folks using the high temp silicone...is there one better than the other? I have also been looking at mods for this...I seem to find a ton of mods for the Char griller Pro..s it safe to assume it is similar to the Duo? They look identical to me with the exception of mine having the gas side as well. Any other mods anyone can think of, I'm all ears!! Much as would love to pick up a true smoker like a green egg....I just can't warrant the 1k it's going to cost me for it, so need to make do with what I have. Thanks for any and all suggestions!!!!

2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Either will work. On a side note the 22" WSM is about 400.00 dollars and is probably the best bang for the buck pure smoker commercially available.

Chris

3. I bought my OK Joe highland reverse flow at BJs for $279.00, to me it's much better than a WSM with more capacity and a lower price. I replaced a Char-griller smokin pro I bought used that finally rusted out.