At My House This Morning, Celsius and Fahrenheit Were Almost the Same Number

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
At -40° Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same value. Burrrr.

CHGkiu2.jpg

Going to be the opposite here tomorrow...almost 60 except the wind will be blowing 50-70 out of the SE with 3+inches of rain and then by evening it'll be in the high teens to low 20s for a nice flash freeze.

that's pretty "cool" in more ways than one. only had -21F here this morning. coldest ever that i can remember for my area was -32F

Man, that is so cold! It’s been a long time since I’ve been exposed to that. Holding at roughly 39 here, rainy and miserable, that’s about as cold as I ever want to be in again!

Going to be the opposite here tomorrow...almost 60 except the wind will be blowing 50-70 out of the SE with 3+inches of rain and then by evening it'll be in the high teens to low 20s for a nice flash freeze.
It's coming through here now . Was high 50's yesterday . Woke up to 34 at 6:00 . Dropped like a rock . Currently 11 degrees with some winds .

• Wow
Reactions: JLeonard
Your neighbors to the north are expecting a similar situation. Except snow and rain. Could be an interesting drive to and from work Friday.

Chris

I read a bunch westerns as a kid, Louis L'amour was my favorite. And from that I got in my head that I wanted to live out west. But looking at these temps and pics you guys are posting, I think I'm gonna rethink that. Looks mighty dang cold!

Jim

The crazy thing is this picture is probably mid-day temp...... The windchill on the day I was there was -65F..... You could feel your eyes and start to freeze........ exposed skin feels like it's being burned within a few moments....
I lived there for 6 years so I know all too well. This was actually a morning pic. I didn't ask him what the windchill was but the sign is actual temp. I'm sure it felt much colder

Reactions: civilsmoker
-5* here in KC, with 25 mph winds, gusts to 35. Nope, I'm not going out.

At -40° Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same value. Burrrr.

View attachment 651922
Wow Wayne, that is just all wrong in so many ways. Hard to work in those temps.

We are into a wind and rain warning for Friday and Saturday. Probably no power for Christmas again.
Up[ to 100 km/h and 50 mm rain

David

Reactions: sawhorseray
Same here . Down to 3 now I might have to put some shoes on next time I go out .
Geez Rich, that wouldn't be quite ideal working weather either. Did you guys have the old "draw a circle" when it began to rain back there? I always put on a rain jacket and stayed until the supe said to roll it up.

Did you guys have the old "draw a circle" when it began to rain back there?

That's funny
On the jobs I used to work on when we were building warehouses the iron workers used to do that. Draw a circle on the steal and if 3 drops would leave a mark at same time they would pack it up . LOL But they were working with welders and such.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky