Asparagus for breakfast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 11, 2007
Cumberland Co. PA
Since I got a mess of asparagus off the old patch over a 3 week period. Should be getting a lot more but lack of sun & cold weather has it growing slow. I thought I’d make a family favorite for breakfast.
Creamed asparagus over toast.
plenty of pics too view.
22FF9FAB-2FE2-42C4-8567-E73540670F97.jpeg

Wash & break off woody end off asparagus. Then break up into bite size pieces. Put in microwave poof container with water. Microwave until tender.
059ED4D1-556F-4890-8C86-76959B5E5CF3.jpeg

Sauté onions & dried beef with butter. Used smoked butter & homemade venison dried beef.
6F6D61F6-5DD7-4FE5-9279-8EE8E199AFD2.jpeg

Add milk, flour & dry mustard. Stir constantly until thickened.
9A34AB97-DE9E-4D0F-8029-F91F62C5016D.jpeg

Drain asparagus. Add that & sour cream to pan. Stir all together then cover on low to keep warm.
C5DF9B7B-9BDA-4C06-BE20-7573D00744A3.jpeg

Fry up some eggs & make the toast. We usually use the thicker Texas toast but making do with what’s on hand. The egg without pepper is for the hound. He gets homemade breakfast when I’m making breakfast
903D42CB-8E83-40BF-9E5F-80F634819078.jpeg

Toast with sunny side up eggs.
BD0D2B82-95C7-4794-9E01-6283DCFDB162.jpeg

Put plenty of creamed asparagus on top & serve.
D42FEF54-218C-476C-AF03-293D583464A2.jpeg

Plated shot & hound dog approved.
99FBC733-900B-4A95-B970-9ACB89945BBA.jpeg

4BE2F910-21E8-4939-90D3-DD825A87A12B.jpeg

This makes enough for 4. Can have repeat tomorrow morning with only having to make toast.
Thanks for looking!

That looks dang good! Good way to use up extra asparagus. Glad to see the dog enjoyed it also!

Ryan

Never heard of that before I but know I'd love sitting down to that plate for sure, Like! I don't imagine your pooch takes his face out of that bowl till it's licked pretty darn clean. RAY

That looks dang good! Good way to use up extra asparagus. Glad to see the dog enjoyed it also!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. Extra! We never have extra. Gets ate up as it’s picked. Do freeze some but not nearly as good.

Never heard of that before I but know I'd love sitting down to that plate for sure, Like! I don't imagine your pooch takes his face out of that bowl till it's licked pretty darn clean. RAY
Thanks for the like Ray. The hound isn’t like that. He likes the main course on top then saves a good bit of feed for later. Also good way to get his pills in him.

Thanks Buzzy, I've got an asparagus patch and am always looking for new ways to use it. We love fresh just picked tenders, steamed lightly touch of salt, maybe butter or not. I just love creamed chip beef, so this is a natural
Thanks,

RG

Thanks Buzzy, I've got an asparagus patch and am always looking for new ways to use it. We love fresh just picked tenders, steamed lightly touch of salt, maybe butter or not. I just love creamed chip beef, so this is a natural
Thanks,

RG
Glad to help out where I can. We have a couple of asparagus recipes that are really good. Wife makes a awesome asparagus soup that goes great with tuna melt sandwiches. With my patch being old & not producing what it use to it would take a month to store enough to make. Can’t hold back on eating it when we have enough. Started new patch this spring.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky