I was getting a bit frustrated with the smoke decreasing when the ash began to build up in my gosm. I decided to try a 2 cake pan system. In the bottom pan I put legs and small brackets to receive the upper pan. On the upper pan I cut out the bottom and replaced with expanded metal. Due to me not being a welder it took a little more steps(pop rivets). But it did work. I had to pull out the rack that the smoke pan rested on and just put legs (1/4 inch bolts and double nuts) on the lower pan. The hickory chunks smoked well but the lump never seemed to burn. Oh well. I will include some pictures.