Ash vacuum recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cnl390

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 6, 2013
San Antonio TX
Planning on buying an ash vacuum to use exclusively for cleaning my pit. Any and all recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

I use the bucket vac from Home Depot. It’s a shop vac head that snaps on to any 5 gal bucket. The hose is a little short but otherwise is a very economical way to go and works well as a dedicated ash vac.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I use my Craftsman shop vac that I got from Lowe's on sale for $40 the next day after the ashes have cooled, but any wet/dry vac would work. A 2 gallon size would be about perfect, just be sure there are no hot ashes...

as long as your not wanting to do warm or hot ashes, an old shop vac works good. garage sales are one place to look for a cheap one you can dedicate to use just for ashes.

I have this one from Tractor Supply that I use in both my fireplace and smokers.
1662684084877.png

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky