asap.....Im smoking now with a question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rockiestring

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Holy #$@#! Ive got ribs on the smoker for just about 45 min and was wondering, do you flip these at all? Im gonna do the 3,2,1 method. I have the skin side down. Ill probably swap the ends after a couple of hours to put the small part closer to the firebox just for equal heat. any suggestions.

I know this is quick so Ill try my luck here on a super quick response.........ooooops

rock, I always cook my spares bone side down while unwrapped and bone side up when wrapped. When wrapping, I use the "dish" of the bone side to hold some apple juice, soda or what ever you like and some honey. After unwrapping, they go back on the grate, meat side up.

Remember, the 3 of 3-2-1 is just a guideline. You want to begin the 2-1 when the meat pulls away from the end of the bone about 1/4-3/8 of an inch.

I'm too late to help ya, but I cook 'em bones side down, no flip and no foil until done...

My $.02...

James.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky