Arroz Mexicana, This is the Classic Mexican Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
@zippy12 - My lady and her mom (Mexican) have always used regular white long grain. She liked the basmati when we used it (all we had one time). Her mom, being a mom, disapproved. lol

chilerelleno chilerelleno - I find that Sazon Goya - Yellow Rice is too salty for me. But I use very little salt in all my cooking.

Made a 1/2 portion last night to test for flavor and effectiveness as we need to bring some to a party this coming Friday. Kudos Chilirelleno, another great one. Points Awarded.

Changes we made:
Had to use veggie oil instead of bacon grease
Used a couple of small red bell peppers and one jalapeños from garden
Added some leftover smoked chicken meat once plated for some meat, I wanted the rice to have its true flavor.

Reactions: chilerelleno
Made a 1/2 portion last night to test for flavor and effectiveness as we need to bring some to a party this coming Friday. Kudos Chilirelleno, another great one. Points Awarded.

Changes we made:
Had to use veggie oil instead of bacon grease
Used a couple of small red bell peppers and one jalapeños from garden
Added some leftover smoked chicken meat once plated for some meat, I wanted the rice to have its true flavor.
Excellent, glad y'all like the recipe.

I make something very similar to this - but if I am feeling adventurous, I start by putting the rice in the smoker for a couple of hours on a grill mat. You can't believe the taste.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky