Are 'Likes' on SMF shared with facebook?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Simple question. With all the talk of data privacy lately and the spotlight on facebook, it's a question I'd like to know the answer to from SMF....Thank you.

I would assume not since my facebook is not linked to my SMF account. I dont believe there is such thing as privacy anymore, with all the technology these days everyone most likely already has more information about me then I even know is out there.

I didn't even realize there was an SMF facebook page. Is there?

Chris

Simple question. With all the talk of data privacy lately and the spotlight on facebook, it's a question I'd like to know the answer to from SMF....Thank you.
The "Like" feature on SMF is not connected, shared, etc. with any other website including Facebook.

HAHAHA...

I love the question but I love Geebs Geebs reply so much more...

Personal privacy just 20 years ago, folks would raise 9 kinds of hell to be wiretapped. Hell, now folks are paying to have every single word uttered in proximity to a device monitored 24/7/365. HAHAHA...

I am even skeptical of the microphone on the phones in my pockets.

Pat

This is crazy, but I'm always looking at the camera on my desktop to see if the green light is on & someone is watching me. Talk about paranoid!!
Al

This is crazy, but I'm always looking at the camera on my desktop to see if the green light is on & someone is watching me. Talk about paranoid!!
Al

I have all of those cameras covered with black electrical tape. They can hear me, but they cant see me.

Yes! On elec tape over the camera. I did it for my dad as well years ago.

Absolutely!!
I put black electrical tape over my MacBook Pro & my iMac27.
I'm very camera shy.

Bear

I have all of those cameras covered with black electrical tape. They can hear me, but they cant see me.
Ditto...
And my speakers on my laptop and physically disconnected. When I want to listen to a video, I have to plug in external headphones or speakers. Sometimes I wish I did not know what I know.....

HAHAHA...

Snowden is a clear wake up call to us all. The blurred lines between what is appropriate and within the Patriot Act and what have been clear signals of government abuses is glaringly obvious. And I have been on the investigative side of all this for nearly 30 years. I am extremely distrustful because of the government’s tendency to knowingly go too far and have the courts decide the line after the fact.

It is what it is! A nanny state gone mad!

Pat

Occasionally, I take the tape off and wait for the camera to come on just so I can do a little "dance" for whoever's watching...I figure they'll disconnect from my computer pretty quickly and never check in again after going blind from what they see!

Reactions: Traeger.Rage.BBQ
Occasionally, I take the tape off and wait for the camera to come on just so I can do a little "dance" for whoever's watching...I figure they'll disconnect from my computer pretty quickly and never check in again after going blind from what they see!
POINT!

If it's me watching on the other end, I will post a screenshot here for ya. But I will be kind and use paintbrush to put some shorts on you!

HAHAHAHA....

Pat

Reactions: smoking4fun
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky