Apple & Pecan stuffed Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rare2medium

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
SouthEast PA
    Meat:  5.4 lb pork loin

Stuffing:  granny smith apple, pecans, celery, Craisins

Prep:  brine 3 hrs (3 cups water, 1/3 C brown sugar, 1/3 C salt)

Wood:  pecan, about 3 hours of smoke

Smoker:  MES 30 (240, cooked until IT 150F, about 4.5 hrs)

My aunt mentioned she like stuffed pork chops with apple stuffing so I thought I'd make her this for a few meals. Cut the loin into a thin flat sheet and brined it. While that was soaking I cooked in a fry pan the celery and 1 diced up granny smith apple.

Put a little salt, pepper and fresh thyme on the loin flat, added the stuffing in a layer, rolled it up, tied in twine and put some basic bbq rub on the outside.

Came out great, so I'm told, my Aunt had it for dinner the other night. Thanks for reading.

Reactions: GaryHibbert
You're a good man (or woman)!
That loin looks outstanding, I like to do apples and onions but your nuts and craisins sound real good.

Thanks Gary. Yes she did. Her husband (my uncle) of 50 years passed away in January. He was like a 2nd father to me. My aunt loves BBQ so my smoking / bbq hobby has now taken on a new purpose.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky